Ariane DOUGUET – Celebrant Singer
As an opera singer and professional celebrant for ceremonies, I have officiated at numerous weddings. I have helped many happy couples in love to create a personalized ceremony, both authentic and memorable.
For centuries past, everywhere in the world, singing has been a key part of sacred traditions and rituals. Having been made aware of spirituality, of the meaning of the sacred and of the power of symbols by my grandfather, the writer Robert Ambelain, it is my intention to celebrate love and life.
The treasure of humanity’s cultural heritage – customs, philosophies, rites, symbols, legends, spiritualities, animism, paganism, ritual objects – is for me an infinite source of inspiration.
I celebrate with my speaking and singing voice, since singing is for me the most obvious way to bring you light, love, joy, consolation, to bring out emotion and to ‘enchant’ a celebration.
My professional background
A piano player from the age of seven, I pursued a classical curriculum at school and university (Latin and ancient Greek) and then went on to study finance, for an accounting diploma, and opera singing
. I already had five years of professional experience behind me as a chartered accountant and auditor, and significant experience as a semi-professional opera singer when, 15 years ago, I decided to become a professional solo opera singer.
I am an atypical opera singer since I am open to musical styles other than classical music: my repertoire breaks down the frontiers between musical genres and I like to sing opera just as I like to sing an Ave Maria, a gospel song, jazz, film music or a hit by Adèle.
I use my voice differently according to the musical style.
In my career, I have sung on the major national classical stages (operas, theaters), in the most beautiful cathedrals, as well as at the more popular Olympia in Paris with Chico and the Gypsies!
- In Paris: at the Salles Pleyel, salle Gaveau, Radio France, Mogador theatre, Olympia, Palais des Congrès, Auditorium of the Musée d’Orsay, Grand Palais, Sainte Chapelle, the cour de l’Hotel d’Albret, Cirque d’hiver, Sorbonne University, Musée Jacquemart-André, Auditorium St Germain-des-Prés, the Sénat, château de Compiègne, the churches of St Julien le Pauvre, St Germain des Prés, St Pierre de Montmartre, St Augustin, St Philippe-du-Roule, St Louis-en-l’Ile, the Madeleine, the American Church, the chapels of Notre Dame du Val de Grâce and of Père Lachaise, Royaumont Abbey…
- In Provence: Arles arena, the synagogue of Carpentras, the churches of St Tropez, Gordes, Les Baux de Provence, Lourmarin, Bonnieux, Tarascon, Arles, St Rémy de Provence, Correns, Marseille, Beaumes de Venise, Sanary, Rochegude, Orange, Cassis, le Barroux, Roussillon, Saignon, Lambesc, le Luc, Villeneuve lez Avignon…
- In western France: St Sernin de Toulouse Basilica, Abbey of St Lisier, cathedral of Mirepoix, cathedral of Saint Malo, churches of La Rochelle, Bordeaux, Massat, Saint Martin de Ré…
- Abroad:: Turkey (Cappadocia, church of Istambul), orangerie of Schwetzingen château, Villa Aurora of Los Angeles, Minimes church in Brussels, churches in Guadeloupe, Vevey, Basel…
For 15 years, I have been accompanying marriage ceremonies, baptisms and funerals with my singing.
I became the official singer for secular ceremonies following the request of a wedding planner friend and then did the training to be certified as a secular celebrant certification at the International Wedding Institute. From my very first ceremony, I felt in my place. It was a real coup de foudre, or love at first sight, as it were, for the secular ceremony.
I am also a vocal coach (breathing, voice, oratory skills and singing) and can prepare your close family or guests to speak in public during the ceremony. I can coach your officiator to manage their emotions and improve their skill as an orator.
I offer you coaching workshops targeted so as to respond to the needs of the couple and of the officiator that day.
As you can see, I enjoy both being creative and organising a project!
Why I do what I do
I am fascinated by human behavior and human culture. I like the authenticity, sincerity and emotional proximity which this profession brings forth. I am happy to be your confidant and your accomplice and bring you satisfaction in helping to make this magic moment materialize.
It is a joy and an honor to accompany and share with you emotional moments as strong as those experienced at your wedding, the baptism of your baby, or the funeral of a grandparent. Life is a cycle, and it has actually happened that I have officiated, within one same family, at the wedding ceremony, the baptism of the baby and the funeral of the grandmother.
Each ceremony is a source of enrichment and also confirmation that being a singer and marriage celebrant is part of my life’s mission.
My role is to get to know you in order to create, to write, to orchestrate, to stage and to celebrate your ceremony in your image by adapting it to the framework you have chosen.
I will accompany you on the basis of a structured interactive and intuitive coaching session (a playful questionnaire, a meeting, Skype sessions): we will create your ideal ceremony and prepare you emotionally to experience this event both joyfully and with serenity too.
I will engage my creativity, my sense of the sacred and of rites, my joy of living or joie de vivre, in French, my appetite for writing and my other talents to serve you in order to make your wedding unforgettable.
I am mobile within France and abroad, and can officiate in French and English.
Copyright Estellane Photographie
Beyond my activity as an opera singer and professional celebrant, I also have proven experience on stage, of event management, project management and project organisation, and of coaching.
I therefore have the talents and competencies to offer a customized service from A to Z to meet your expectations. These are as follows:
- Experience, professionalism, numerous references
- My voice, my singing, my varied repertoire and good elocution
- An interest in human contact, the capacity to engage in a privileged relationship with my clients
- Strong listening skills, empathy, a taste for sharing
- Good writing skills
- Good organisation skills
- Creativity and a strong artistic and aesthetic flair for creating a performance / set design
- Enthusiasm, joie de vivre, a good sense of humor
- Natural charisma
- Ability to deal with stress, adaptability and capacity to manage the unexpected
« « A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.»